Valencia College is a premier learning college that transforms lives, strengthens community and inspires individuals to excellence.
Valencia College Foundation’s mission is to support learning at Valencia College through scholarships, endowed faculty chairs, program enhancement funds and development of capital dollars.
We are looking for a short-term special events consultant to fill the position of Special Events Coordinator. This is a high impact position that will help put together a large-scale signature event to benefit the community we serve.
This contract position is responsible for assisting foundation staff with the planning and execution of our signature event on May 17, 2014, Taste for Learning.
Length of contract: March 10, 2014 – May 23, 2014
Location: Valencia College Foundation, 190 S. Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801. There will be event planning meetings at other locations from time to time. Some duties may be done from a remote location. Event will take place at Rosen Shingle Creek.
Pay range: Inclusive fee of $4,000 – $5,000 for length of contract, commensurate with experience
Responsibilities include coordinating all aspects of the silent auction for the signature event but are not limited to:
• Preparing various forms of correspondence to request in-kind donations from constituents.
• Coordinating the delivery or pick up of in-kind donations.
• Tracking and entering in-kind donations into Raiser’s Edge database.
• Sending acknowledgements to in-kind donors.
• Attend event planning meetings.
• Recognizing silent auction donors and promoting the event through social media.
• Assemble in-kind donations into silent auction packages.
• Prepare bid sheets and on-site silent auction set up and subsequent break down.
• Coordinate volunteers for silent auction area.
• Work with foundation staff to coordinate the development and printing of silent auction listings for event program and other donor recognition pieces.
• Assist in packaging auction items for delivery to event location.
• On site auction area set up and subsequent break down.
• Follow up on final payment and delivery of auction items after event (for items not paid and/or picked up at event).
• Maintain oral and written contact with foundation management, staff and event partners for the purpose of exchange of information as it relates to the event.
• Other event-related duties as needed.
• Experience in nonprofits, including managing or organizing large-scale special events required. Demonstrated ability to secure auction items and sponsorships a plus.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Highly adaptable and flexible individual who can excel in a fast paced environment and respond to last minute requests.
• High level attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and donor database experience. Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
• This position will initially require only a few hours a week and then steadily progress to more in the weeks and days leading up to and through the event.
For immediate consideration, please submit cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Upon reviewing, we will contact you to schedule an interview. Contract to remain open and resumes will be accepted until filled.